Thursday, May 22, 2014

Secret Kitchen is on the move!



As many of you already know, my warehouse, my home of eight years, is being torn down this summer to make way for more condos! Grr! While I am sad to be forced to leave my amazing space, it is probably for the best, seeing as I am living in a building made of unsupported concrete & brick. The next big earthquake would take this building out, and me with it. So while it is hard to give up ALL THIS SPACE, I am happy to be re-locating to more solid ground. 
 
We have had our share of fun here, though, haven’t we? I have started two businesses here, Eva D’Edibles and Secret Kitchen. When I moved here & started cooking I didn’t even have my own knives. That was only eight years ago. Now I am in the middle of building out my own (secret, but professional) kitchen here in West Oakland! Secret Kitchen & Eva D’Edibles will remain, though in a different capacity. Your Jewish Mom is gonna make you lunch & dinner! Get ready! We will start offering take-out lunches out of the kitchen starting in late Summer. Soon to follow will be take-out dinners, full of the healthy, down home cooking you all know me for. Plus, I have started a raw chocolate business! I’m making peanut butter cups and truffles that are GOOD for you! Because I love you! 

photo by Marrvelous.com

Behold! My Spicy Almond Balls!











 I will mostly be selling the chocolates to da klubs (wink, wink) but have unadulterated versions too, soon to be sold at Stag's Lunchette.


  I'm trying to figure out the logistics for one more Secret Kitchen at my space. More details to come.


As for me, I found a little house all to myself. It has a small but full garden, purple tile in the kitchen, and a lot of windows. I think I’ll be happy there.


No comments:

Post a Comment